05 March 2011

Vintage Cameras

Every now and then I take a break from cats. I know, crazy right? Next to cats, I'm totally in love with cameras, or more obsessed with taking pictures. Not a day goes by that I don't take at least 50 pictures. I bought a vintage Ansco Rediflex last year so I could play around with some through the viewfinder photos. Admittedly I've not taken too many photos with it as I was dealing with a couple 50mm 1.8 lenses that were dying and had already lost the ability to auto focus. Now, I have a 50mm 1.4 lens which is amazing and coming Spring I plan on taking many ttv photos!
Long story short, I painted a couple vintage cameras and plan on painting many more. I've illustrated quiet a few but they didn't get much further than just being drawn out in ink on white paper. Paper, watercolor, et al are *not* my cup of tea as I get a little crazy with water. The paper never seems to like that.So for this series, they'll be acrylic on wood, and I love how the wood grain is highly visible!

2 comments:

Kay said...

I love these! I have an old Argoflex that I am planning on taking shots with my digital through the viewfinder..should be fun!

Ryan said...

Oh nice! I'm planning on adding to my collection of cameras. The hardest part I had with ttv was making the contraption to keep the light out. I used lots of duct tape, lots. lol!

This it the contraption: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kilkennycat/4977956870/

Let me know when you've taken some ttv's! I'd like to see how they come out. =)