03 November 2010

Christmas!

Wow, it seems like Christmas is just around the corner! So soon! The Halloween stuff is all on sale, piled in the corners of stores and Christmas stuff has taken over. I'm totally in Christmas mode. I'm sure the frost on the leaves in the morning and the seemingly overnight chill that arrived the night of Halloween, has helped. Yesterday morning I thought it had actually snowed! But no, not yet (they say Saturday), it was only frost.
So this painting is a revised version of some I did last year. After driving around NW Pennsylvania, I fell in love with the lines of Birch trees that we pass on the roads. I thought I'd use that image in this painting. Sure these kitties picked up their Christmas tree, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be passing a Birch forest on the way home!

More paintings coming soon!

No comments: