02 June 2010

The Sailor & The Penguin

Hello! I'm here! I've been busy planting my edible garden with the family. Digging, planting, fences, arrrrgh! All in horrible humidity, which I'm totally not used to! We've got tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli, cauliflower, red-leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, and pumpkins! Yay! So yeah, I haven't had time to paint until today.It dawned on me recently that I'd never painted a nautical cat. Well, after about a thousand paintings, I can't recall if I have or not. I don't think so... So today I thought I'd change that! My new painting is, "Rescue at Sea", where Simmi the Sailor helps this little penguin get back to his home. Apparently he wandered off or something. The penguin was very appreciative!
I thought it would be kind of fun to put a photo of myself in my Navy whites in the listing, only I couldn't find the photo amongst thousands upon thousands of photo files. So I gave up after 1 minute (yeah no patience-hey I paint in acrylics for a reason!) and decided on a photo right after graduating from my A School, in dress blues. =P
Off to eat some homemade pizza!

No comments: