08 May 2010

Lightning!

Wow! Last night's thunderstorm was absolutely amazing! Horrifying, loud, but amazing! We had a severe weather alert beeping throughout the night until 12:45 a.m. I didn't get to sleep until about 3 a.m. because the light show was just breathtaking. The plus was that I actually managed to get my Canon on the right settings to capture about 12 photos of the lightning from the front porch. In hindsight, I probably should have gone to the third floor and pulled the top of the windows down so I could avoid the power lines, but that's ok! Next time. =P

4 comments:

Škorčica said...

One Slovenian author (Križnar) said in one of his books, that he likes thunderstorms, because that is how he knows that the nature still has everything under control :)
Cool photos!

Kilkennycat said...

I think he was absolutely correct! Thanks! =D

Jill said...

Amazing pictures! I love thunderstorms!

Kilkennycat said...

Thanks! I love thunderstorms too! I get excited when I see we're going to have one. Though it's usually 50/50. The weather changes so frequently!