22 May 2010

Great Blue Herons & Circus Cat

This morning we all woke up at 5 a.m. to photograph what we thought were vulture's nests right off Route 8. For the record, holding a heavy Canon and an umbrella, then zooming as far as your little 250mm lense will reach isn't the best way to start the morning! However, I did get close enough to realise (once I got home and zoomed in on an image in Lightroom) they weren't actually vultures but rather Great Blue Herons! How cool! I think we'll be investing in a longer ranged zoom lense in the near future. Oh and checking the weather too.After all that, I had to get back into the studio! My cache of paintings is totally dwindled so I need to get focused. Today's painting is of Basil the Mouser. You see, I'm not a fan of the circus but I couldn't get this idea of a tent out of my head, so I had to think of some way to make it work. I talked with my mom after the painting was done and we came up with the idea for the short story. Phew! I really want to do more 'circus' cats but I'll have to think about it. Not promoting them, but just for fun and colorful paintings.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I like your circus cat..he might like my fishes at my blog!