16 April 2010

Enjoyed a looooong week!

No recent paintings from me for almost a week because my brother Wyatt, his girlfriend and her son visited from Texas (via Boston)! We all had a blast! Tiarnan and Anna thoroughly enjoyed playing with Reeves (brother's gf's son) and seeing their Uncle. We went to parks, visited the Amish, drove around to show them Oil City and surrounding areas. Definitely a lot of excitement! Now it's all quiet again. Now it's time to start painting!
We took a walk along the Allegheny river this morning, hoping to see some wildlife. Things were pretty sparse with just a few cranes, a duck, two geese flying over the river, a rabbit, and birds. Not a single groundhog! I was really looking forward to getting photo of a groundhog. Maybe next time. However, I might try my hand at painting a bird seeing as there are so many of them around. We'll see...

4 comments:

Zlatica said...

Great photos!

Kilkennycat said...

Thanks!

Kay said...

love the cardinal! I miss them. Grew up in NE Ohio and Hubby is from Nw Pa ..oldest son born in Erie of all places! Now we reside in high desert Utah mountain bench.

Kilkennycat said...

Nice! I'm originally from Southern California but have lived from Iceland to Spain to Oregon and other states in between. lol! I never paid attention to the birds until Portland where in the city we had hawks that lived in our trees. So beautiful! This is our first year (almost) living in PA and I'm pleased at all the critters. =P