07 April 2009

Ghostly Towns...

When I first started painting with actual paint (almost 6 years ago), my first paintings were Halloween themed. One of my favorite series was of a witch village, painted in black and white, with heavy crackles, cats, witches, etc. I hadn't painted another in almost 6 years after painting about only 3. For my mom's husband's birthday, however, he asked for a rather large (2ft x 4ft) painting of my witch village. I managed through 2 tubes of white paint and two tubes of black, to paint it for him. It actually came out pretty good. =P He liked it.Witch Village

When I was done with his painting, I decided to continue and paint another 'village' but minus the witches. It's actually just a house with a 'ghostly' tree and a single cat who hangs around, not ready to leave. It's not as large, but it's 12"x24" which is too big for my confort zone either way. =)

3 comments:

T.Allen-Mercado said...

You're so good about working everyday...I'm such a lump lately. Someone taser me!

Naija said...

hi

beautiful paintings

Kilkennycat said...

I try Tameka, but wow you should see my altered schedule now for the next two months. Softball and tball games and practices have taken over. lol

Thank you Naija. =D