01 April 2009

The Cats are Hungry...

Here I go again with the greys. I've tied it to the weather outside. I'm not usually affected by the weather. I mean, I lived happily in Iceland during Winter months with basically no sun and I was happy as anything. But sheesh, I know I'm in Portland, but still, this weather needs to give. It's unheard of for it to go so long without a real sunny day. I'm not asking it to be warm, just give me some light!
Err...ok enough about the weather. I just finished this painting. Probably the third 'retro-ish' kitchen painting. I almost put that kit cat clock on the wall again, then thought maybe my VWs would look better. They don't look so great in the scan, but that's because the matte adhesive is showing. I don't gloss the paintings until after they're scanned. Light reflecting and all that. So... that's all from me today. =)

3 comments:

Naija said...

hi
The weather is affected by us..the weather is not going to be the smae anymore i think its going to get worse..Im affected by less sun light gets esily depressed..:(..and Im deafblind (almost) has retinis pigmentosa..so I dont see at all at darkness and bad light..

Kilkennycat said...

It is truly sad what we've done to our planet. I had no idea you have retinis pigmentosa. I found the sun in the Northwest hills today, and thought about you.

Kipik said...

Your Art is becoming bolder and more confident, i love that. and you renew yourself a lot. Love it!