27 March 2009

Which way...


to grandmother's house? hehe My latest painting. I was looking through photos a while ago of an old forest by where we'll be moving to. Combine that with the beautiful canopy the trees create on the road home, I just had to paint something with woods. Little red riding hood seemed pretty apropos. In her little basket is her tiny companion, Charlie. The reason this painting is so different from my others (i.e. lack of color) is that I actually drew my sketch onto the canvas with a black ink pen. While I was filling in space with white paint, it created this grey...and against the black trees, it just looked right. Her red cape pops like it probably wouldn't have with more colors interfering in the painting. I like how it came out!

2 comments:

Naija said...

what a shame no comments...You have caught the feeling really well how scary its to be in a dark place.. :0

The Fern and Mossery said...

love.