04 June 2008

Spittle Bugs? Calling all Ladybugs!

So I was sitting outside and I noticed, for the second time, white foam on certain plants. Wondering just what the heck it was, decided to run and get my camera. By the time I'd finished snapping off some pictures, my mother discovered (thanks internet) the foam is from spittle bugs. Eep!It's definitely time for some ladybugs to help rid the garden from these pesky, drooling bugs. So far no spittle on the bean spr....Giant Himalayan Lily. hehe

5 comments:

Cherry Lane Jane said...

ewww! Yes find some lovely lady bugs and get those things out of there! Great pics by the way.

Octavine Illustration said...

i totally get these in my garden. ewww. they are so gross. i need me some lady bugs as well!

Kilkennycat said...

Hi girls! We took the hose on high power (another trick to ridding the plants of them) and squirted off the plants they were on. Neighbors probably think we're nuts since it was raining. hehe

Ann said...

Gross! I've never heard of those before.

BTW, what kind of camera do you use? I love how clear your pics turn out.

+ann (KarmaBox)

Kilkennycat said...

Hi Ann! Yes they're really gross. =( For those I used my Olympus Stylus 800. Other days I'll use the Sony h9 or f505. (Depends on which is charged lol.)