16 May 2008

The Garden

At our new house there is a garden area off the garage and green house. We had almost no idea what was growing in there besides weeds though. So we decided to just start new. Take out everything except for discernable plants like azalea and whatnot (not much "whatnot").

We chose the hottest day of the year so far to plant. lol! Well I mean at least it was semi-morning. My pictures aren't so good today. I'm blaming the heat.


In our garden we planted so far, tomato, cucumber, squash, walla walla onions, pumpkins, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, and catnip. Yes, catnip! Oh and some lavender, but that's not edible.


I haven't found any spinach or romaine seeds yet but we'll be looking very soon for some so we can get them planted.


On a side note, we're waiting for the sprinkler guys to come out and get the sprinklers around the house working. We can't find the on valve so we've been hand-watering the lawn and all the flora surrounding this house. (there's a shit-ton of flora.)


Those pictures don't look like there's a lot, but believe me, there is! All the grass and the trees in the grass as well. Not to mention the ivy and trees that are at the curb. Have to keep them from going in to shock after such sudden and intense heat.

In other news...Thurston completely approves of the Fiesta ware. At least, it's how it appears. I came home after running to the store for coffee creamer, and found him sitting atop the box. What a cutey!

2 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Your garden looks great! Thurston certainly is a cutie!

Jennifer said...

Hi!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your gardens are looking wonderful. I love looking at all your kitty pics and the artwork is fabulous too. I'm going to add your blog to my list of favorites.
Take care!
~Jen