25 May 2008

Bean Stalk and Squirrel Babies

So earlier it was decided that I wasn't allowed to go out to the garden porch without my camera. This is after the most beautiful crow was spotted in the grass eating very healthy worms. This time I had my camera!

There's this certain plant that's been growing, and growing, and well, growing. I don't have the slightest idea as to what it is, but it certainly resembles Jack's bean stalk. Perhaps you know what it is?

It looks as though the top there is going to be a bloom...



In other news, though there are zillions of squirrels here to be seen at any given moment, I've *never* seen a mother squirrel with babies following her!! SO CUTE! Sadly my camera isn't a happy camper when distance is involved, but I caught them running up my neighbor's lawn. hehe

4 comments:

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Sorry I can't be of help with your bean stalk, but can I trade you some lizards for those adorable squirrels!

Kilkennycat said...

Lizards! Hehehe haven't seen a lizard in quite a while. Squirrels...I watch the squirrels, crows, and hawks all dive bomb/chase each other outside my house. You'd think I lived in the woods or something!

The bean stalk, it's such a weird plant to be growing. I'll have to watch and see what that middle bit opens up to. I'm slightly worried. My mom joked and said what if it's that rare flower that smells like a rotten err...corpse. I'd die. lol

Beat Black said...

awww, today on the way home i saw three baby raccoons making little noises and running across some guys lawn. i reeeally wish i had my camera with me. Next time!

Trendy Bindi said...

Hi! I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the kind words you left at my blog. I love the pics of the squirrels--they are just too cute! I also stopped by your shop and wanted to say that your work is just adorable. I hope you have a lovely day!