08 May 2007

Flowers!


It's Spring time, therefore flowers are very appropos. My favorite flowers are petunias. I love the colors, the smell, the way they resist dogs urinating on them...oh well I used to have dogs when I was younger. They'd romp and do their thing in the garden and my petunias held up amazingly! So yeah, resilient flowers to boot. So I've continued my "Peek-A-Boo Cats" series with another set of paintings, the first are purple petunias.

I also love pansies. All their vibrant colors are just beautiful. Yes, I'm quite aware that I need to work on my pansy paintings. There's a painting downstairs with more flowers on it, waiting for me to make some multi color pansies. You know the really cute ones with the darker marks, almost 'face-like' on them. We'll see if I can manage it. =D

No comments: